3. Review the Lab 5 Nmap Scan Report that accompanies this lab.
4. Using the Lab 5 Nmap Scan Report, answer the following questions:
What are the date and timestamp of the Nmap host scan?
What is the total number of loaded scripts for scanning?
A synchronize packet (SYN) stealth scan discovers all open ports on the targeted host.
How many ports are open on the targeted host for the SYN stealth scan at 13:36?
Identify hosts, operating systems, services, applications, and open ports on devices from the Zenmap GUI (Nmap) scan report.
5. Review the Lab 5 Nessus Vulnerability Scan Report that accompanies this lab.
6. Using the Lab 5 Nessus Vulnerability Scan Report, answer the following questions:
How many hosts were scanned?
What were the start and end times for each of the scans?
How many total vulnerabilities were discovered for each host?
How many of the vulnerabilities were critical, major, and minor software vulnerabilities?
7. On your local computer, open a new Internet browser window.
8. In the address box of your Internet browser, type the URL http://cve.mitre.org and press
Enter to open the Web site.
9. On the Web site, toward the top left of the screen, click the CVE List link.
10. Review the CVE List Main Page.
11. Define CVE.
12. On the right, under Items of Interest, click the Terminology link.
13. Review the definitions for vulnerability and exposure.
14. Define the terms vulnerability and exposure.
15. At the top right of the Web site, click the Search link.
16. In the Search box, type the words Microsoft® XP 2003 Service Pack 1 and click the Search button.
17. Describe some of the results you discover.
18. After viewing the results, conduct another search and this time, type the words Cisco ASA
5505 Security + and click the Search button.
19. Describe some of the search results.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies