1. what do each of these terms refer to: copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret?
2. Why is intellectual property entitled to legal protection?
3. Why did copyright laws become stricter and more punishing in the late 20th century?
4. What is the Fair Use doctrine?
5. Make an argument for legalizing the copying of music or software.
6. Do I or don’t I own the books on my Kindle? If I own them, why can’t I transfer them? If I don’t own them, what is my legal right to them?
7. What was the 1984 Sony Supreme Court case about?
8. Was Napster responsible for the actions of its users?
9. Why did the court find in favor of Diamond in the Rio case?
10. What is Digital Rights Management?
Answer the following questions from Chapter 5 in the text with a paragraph that contains at least five sentences.
1. With all the stories about millions and millions of bytes of personal data having been exposed, why is their still any faith at all in the Internet?
2. How has the term hacking changed meaning over the years?
3. What is the most dangerous hacker tool?
4. From the news: How were NSA’s hacker tools compromised?
5. What was the vulnerability in the Target Breach?
6. What do you think of hactivism?
7. How did Stuxnet work?
8. What was the Arpanet?
9. Deep brain stimulation is a treatment for Parkinson’s disease. Medical devices such as these are now becoming accessible through the web. Consider the dangers (threat surface)?
10. What is the Red Team?
Watch this video about Joseph Shumpeter’s concept of Creative Destruction. For example, many think that the introduction of self-driving cars will disrupt the job market for drivers.
Discuss in 500 words your opinion on what you think of the disruptive capacity of the gig economy on the labor market.
Use at least three sources. Include at least 3 quotes from your sources enclosed in quotation marks and cited in-line by reference to your reference list. Example: “words you copied” (citation) These quotes should be one full sentence not altered or paraphrased. Cite your sources.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies